Translate

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

My Black Sweater

I have a couple sweaters that I wear "to death". I wear them as "jackets" in the Spring and Fall. I'll wear one of them under a light weight coat in the winter so that when I remove my coat, I'll still have a sweater on.

I'm not usually cold but, so far, this has been a "polar" winter. I have one on now, inside the house. I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but I hear the wind howling outside and know that the temperature is in the single digits and I just have to have a sweater on.

One of the sweaters is red and the other black. Both are wool. This is the IMPORTANT factor. I have lots of other sweaters and shrugs but they're not wool. Wool keeps me warm and toasty.

The red sweater has pockets. The black one does not. I r-e-a-l-l-y need pockets. Where do you put your chapstick without pockets, or a kleenex?

Here is how I "fixed" my black sweater. I hand sewed a vintage doily at pocket height onto one side of the black sweater. I sewed a little more than halfway around the circle of the doily.






Problem solved

6 comments:

  1. That's ingenious and lovely! Hope it will warm up for you soon. Generally, here in the Pacific Northwet it doesn't get that cold or that hot. I do wear fleece every month of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea -- It looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL- this post is adorable, and so you :) I can relate to the "polar"... I may live on Long Island, but ALL of NY is, as they say, "brick" today. Love the doily! I enjoy doilies, and use paper ones in my art journaling. Fun! Stay warm!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sweater with the doily. I wear wool, but can't have it directly on my skin because it makes me itchy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that is really cute and so (sew) creative!!

    ReplyDelete