Translate

Monday, June 15, 2015

Part II ~ Genesee Valley QuiltFest

In my previous post, I talked to you about the Iron Quilter Contest where members of the Genesee Valley Quilt Club take on the challenge of making a quilt in 3.5 hours right on the arena floor. I love this contest because it's totally "edge of your seat" tense and "under the gun". Just read last week's blog post for all the details.

In this installment, part II of the QuiltFest, I'll take you for a walk with me up and down the aisles of quilts and point out to you some of my favorites. C'mon, let's go................


This quilt is so precise, it looks like a photo of winter in the woods


 
Used car lot
 
 
Walled city of Jerusalem - dome of the rock on lower left


Family portrait - Mind boggling ! tiny slivers of fabric for face features and shadows
This one's right up my alley - all vintage doilies !!!

Hankies
This is a quilted embroidered tablecloth !

I love the pale colors and water color effect of this one


Those are a few of my favorites.

More quilts to come next week.
 

1 comment:

  1. Some amazing quilts, I really love the quilted embroidered tablecloth.
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete