Translate

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

WEE-PEATS Children's Consignment Event

The WEE-PEATS CHILDREN'S CONSIGNMENT EVENT is staged a couple times a year by two very enterprising women whose children outgrew their beautiful clothes while the clothes still looked brand new. They knew that other families would be able to make good use of these barely used clothes and WEE-PEATS was born.

www.weepeats.net

The event is very much looked forward to by local moms who form a line (queue) that looks like it goes on for miles while they wait expectantly to get in to the sale.

The sale features quality, "gently used" clothing, books, toys, DVD's games, etc. for the wee ones. New this year: vendors who cater to just moms and families, called MOMMY MARKETPLACE.

I'm bringing my beaded socks. Picture below. These make a smashing baby shower gift for a mom that is expecting a baby girl. Another use is to put them atop the gift wrap as a package embellishment when you pay a home visit to a new baby, Christening gifts, too. I always made them for my many nieces First Communions, embellishing their white socks with pearls and tiny rosettes. They were always the "belle of the ball".



I need to pack up my wares now and toddle on over the where the event will be held to deliver my consignment.

6 comments:

  1. Those socks are so cute! Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wee-peats. Oh my gosh, that's the cutest name ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Thanks for sharing. The Mommy Marketplace sounds fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great event! I will have to let my daughters know about it! Cute socks! I hope you sell alot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking good, Rita! I embellished some little socks with fun fur yarn once...that was an exercise in patience for me, so I don't see myself making bead trimmed socks anytime soon! :p

    ReplyDelete