Translate

Monday, November 23, 2015

Christmas Tree Festival

As promised in my last post, which was a visit to Christkindl at Granger Homestead in Canandaigua, NY, part two of that illustrious day was the Christmas Tree Festival. This takes place inside the Granger Mansion and is an annual event. Insight I gathered from my research is: that this a holiday decorating contest. The entries are judged. Honors given. Entries may include artificial trees (only) from 2.5 feet to 7 feet, mantle decorations, tabletop decorations, and wreathes. The entries are auctioned off or sold outright.

Every room in the entire first floor of the mansion is decorated with contest entries.  It's opulent. If you don't walk out of there in the mood for Christmas, you may be suffering from grinchitis.


Granger Homestead - Canandaigua, NY
 
 
decorated with handknit elf clothing
 
tree of books - tabletop tree 3rd place prizewinner
created by Ontario County Literacy Volunteers
 
mantelpiece décor
 
 mantelpiece décor - 2nd prize winner for mantelpiece dec
 
you know who from Whoville
 
 
Impressive snowman wreath - DIY-ers take note
He won 3rd prize - created by Girl Scout Troop 
 
 
And finally, on my way home, I had to get out of the car on one of the blocked off streets near the Granger Homestead, to take a picture of this house. I was so impressed with it's symmetry, it's color combination, it's age, it's charm. I would move right in. All in all, a totally lovely Fall outing.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I love the tree of books. I could do that, without much effort, since I still haven't unpacked all the boxes of books!

    ReplyDelete