Translate

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

MY FIRST EVER PAPER BAG SCRAPBOOK

Making a paper bag scrapbook is something I've been wanting to do for a long time. I don't know why I waited so long. It was so much fun to do that once I got started I could not stop until it was finished. But, of course, that's how I am with every new venture I try. I cannot wait to see the end product.

I did watch a youtube video to get the general idea of what needs to be done.

I used 3 regular brown paper lunch bags, folded each one in half having the top and the bottom of the bag matching. I placed them one on top of the other, like the video showed. I punched 3 holes on the "spine" of the book. I did use reinforcements for each hole. Later I will bind the book by tying ribbons through each hole.




I folded each page along the inside of the row of holes, leaving me page surface for scrapping, of 4.25" by 4.75". I glued pretty scrapbook paper to all the pages.

Then I began to gather all the photos for my little story. I wanted the scrapbook to tell the story of my March visit with my granddaughters. The book is actually for them. I don't want them to forget all about Grammie while we're separated. They are engraved on my heart so I carry them with me always. But they are little and are busy as little bees, scurrying here there and everywhere, living life at full throttle. This paperbag scrapbook will be a remembrance, for them, of our time together.



Because I used 3 bags, I have 6 pages and there are 3 slots where special goodies can be tucked. I used tags to write little legends or paste pictures to tuck into the slots. I changed the string that came on the tags, with ribbons to pull the enclosures out of the slots.

This will go in the mail and be a little Easter present for the girls.

5 comments:

  1. This is so cute! Now I want to do one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! And so easy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I have to try it for my granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling idea! This is my first Easter away from my grandchildren in many years and I am really feeling it. This is something I could do in the future so they remember Nana on special occasions.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it looks fantastic! Wonderful job :)

    ReplyDelete