Translate

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fear Not

When Tuesdays roll around, I usually am at a loss what to blog about. This morning I prayed about it. This is what the Lord impressed upon me to share. It is actually from a little devotional booklet that I use every day, called OUR DAILY BREAD. It's amazing to me how these little lessons are often so "right on". They seem to apply directly to something I need to hear or to know, exactly right then. The devotion for each day has a scripture portion along with a life illustration. Today, the scripture was Isaiah 43:1-4. The life lesson that was the other half of today's devotion, was shared by a husband whose wife had a very difficult pregnancy. She became weaker and weaker. There was danger that he would lose both his wife and newborn child. The promise in this scripture was a great comfort to him at that time - just knowing that the Lord was there with him, had not abandoned him - knew what was happening in his life. At one time in my life, the Lord made this portion of scripture very personal and real to me. I was a new believer at the time and didn't even know there was an Isaiah 43. But, somehow, He took me there and showed me His heart and it lifted me out of a very scary place. There were several times in my life (before I was a believer) where I was so frightened that I literally couldn't think straight. During those fearful times, I didn't eat, had no appetite (for me this is VERY unusual), just moved about on "automatic pilot". Nothing registered in my mind. My mind was so focused on what I feared. Drove places and had no memory of how I got there. As a new believer, again walking through a dark place once again, I had confidence that I never had before. I KNEW the Lord was with me, He was carrying me and I was lifted. I mean, I, literately FELT, lifted up. I did not feel that disconnected effect I had in the past. It's never returned. I had a vision of what these experiences looked like. As an unbeliever, walking through these kinds events, I felt like I was drowning, in dark, swirling, murkey water up to my shoulders and rising. After I was rescued, walking through some of the same kinds of events, I saw myself running through ankle deep, clear, refreshing water. All the while splashing like a child in a kiddie pool.
".......Fear not for I have redeemed you, I have called you by your name, you are Mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you and through the rivers, they will not overwhelm you..............." Isaiah 43: 1-2

11 comments:

  1. Amen! Such a blessing. I also love "Cast all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you." THAT is the peace that surpasses all understanding... to rest in His embrace and be carried by Him, regardless of what you're facing in the natural.

    Thank You Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Our Daily Bread...I read it every night so I will be visiting this story later on. It does always seem to have something for me right when I need it...of course that is the Lord working before we even realize it. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We've enjoyed Our Daily Bread as well.
    I enjoyed your post and am pleased with our God who is able to help us through what would otherwise be overwhelming situations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I shudder to think, what I would do without Him.

    Praise His Holy name!

    ♥♥♥
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing that. What a great way to look at things and a good lesson for us all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful beautiful post! One that I could read over and over again. Such a picture of the faith God gives us when we put our faith in His Son Jesus Christ. Years ago, He gave me Psalm 18 among other scriptures when I returned to faith in Him.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A good reminder that God will never leave us or forsake us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! We expect to hear from Him and He upholds us!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for sharing this encouraging verse!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great word - thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete